Disney Springs opening finishes in Spring 2016
Walt Disney World announced Disney Springs in March 2014 – a thorough renovation of Downtown Disney that is opening across 2015 and 2016 in phases.
Due to complete in Spring 2016, the final results will be more shopping, bigger and better dining and entertainment, and a fantastic open air experience with promenades, springs and waterfront features. The theme of Disney Springs will focus on four areas, the Town Center, Landing, Marketplace, and West Side.
Disney Springs will see the following features now confirmed from our previous post:
- An expansion of shops and dining from 75 to 150 locations
- Town Center mix of dining and shopping with relaxing spaces for all the family
- Landing dining experiences accompanied with waterfront views
- Marketplace commercial area, with shops such as the CO-OP
- West Side entertainment for all ages
- Confirmed places to eat are STK Orlando, Morimoto Asia and THE BOATHOUSE
- The Landing has already opened Apex by Sunglass Hut and Chapel Hats on January 30th 2015
- Other confirmed retailers are Art of Shaving (grooming), Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC, Havaianas (create your own), Sanuk footwear, and Sound Lion music products
There’s already a lot of changes present, including a complicated mix of parking that will eventually result in a huge multi-storey car park. So if you are planning to visit Downtown Disney or Disney Springs opening make sure you leave a little extra time in your schedule.
We already recommend that every Orlando family holiday has a day at Downtown Disney, so this will be just another reason to make it happen, even if all you want is a Mickey Mouse Christmas bauble!