Fantastic news – we’re closed on the Disney villa! Up and running on the AirBnB site and waiting for HomeAway to get their act together. Disney and Golf rentals here we come!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year….. not to be working…. and to be with the family. It’s our son’s first Christmas and we’re keeping him entertained with wrapping paper and boxes. We’re very near closing on the villa and can’t wait to add those finishing touches needed to make everyone’s stay perfect in Florida and Tuscan Ridge! Happy Christmas from Donna and Dave and Rowan.
I had a bit of spare time yesterday, waiting for the Turkey to get fat and so on. So I decided to raid the inspiration banks and fill out the Barbera Drive page on the main website to get our Tuscan Ridge villa well and truly on the map.
We’ve added details of the Tuscan Ridge community, the location close to Disney and golf, the features of the house and the key selling points. Let’s face it, it’s a crowded market and you’ve got to have most of the “must have” features to get bookings in place.
Our villa has the key element – a south facing oversized pool and spa. Heated, of course. You can wake up in the mornings in the master suite, draw back the blinds and have the sun beaming onto the large lanai area to greet you. Grab a cold orange juice from the fridge and slide the master suite’s doors back, and you are instantly waking up in style in Florida! I feel more relaxed already.
For those staying in the queen end suite, it’s not that bad either. Walk through your own shower and en-suite room (closed off from the rest of the villa) and open the door onto the pool area. Straight out into the sun!
If the sun is too hot, why not stay put in the main family room, or kick back in the 2nd living room? Both have ample space, and a dining area each. Plenty of books to read if you get bored (really?!) and lots of guides to the area. You will be well and truly spoilt during your stay.
As we move nearer to our closing date at the end of this year, everything heats up. We move our deposit to the wrong account and end up chasing it halfway across the world, the GBP USD rate is volatile due to decisions that the bank of England and the US fiscal cliff looming, but we look to be in a strong position. I’m not a betting man so we’re due to book a trade in the next 24hrs. After which I will never look at the rates again!
We’ve been window shopping for the house; new TV, some furniture, and sheets will help a lot. The rest of the villa is in great condition so we will see how it goes. We’re only really dipping toes at the moment.
I’ll definitely have to take up golf. There are numerous world class courses near us in Florida and it would be a waste not to go for a round or three.
There are a daunting number of communities to visit and investigate if you are new to the real estate market. Where to look? And why? Everyone has their own preference and reasons, but here’s why we went for Tuscan Ridge.
- Close to Disney – a map may convince you otherwise, but anyone who travels up and down (left and right?) the US192 knows that after a few days the relentless red lights take their toll. In fact, it takes quite a while if you’re unlucky to navigate your way from Highway 27 to the main Disney entrance or from Kissimmee. A more consistent and less stop-start way in to Disney is to take the I4, which is a fast 65mph straight to the various entrances. This is one reason we picked Tuscan Ridge – it’s less than 15 minutes to Disney, almost every time. We’ve done it in 10 minutes with lucky lights!
- Championsgate – an upmarket retail area and fantastic golf course is only 5 minutes away. A refreshing break from the neon lights of the 192. Publix is located here.
- Posner Park retail area – loads of shops only 5 minutes away. Dollar Tree, JC Penney, Michaels, Super Target, Belk, Payless Shoes, Pet Smart, a Million Books, Best buys, Staples, and Ross. Plus lots of places to eat like Subway.
- The I4. A strange attraction, but the proximity of Tuscan Ridge means you can be driving on the Interstate in less than 10 minutes. This opens up trips to Busch Gardens, the west coast beaches, and getting north to Universal Studios and Seaworld completely avoids the traffic lights. The wonderful town of Celebration is also just off the I4.
- Location – after a busy day at the theme parks, malls, or playing golf, the Tuscan Ridge community is not in a busy area with any traffic noise, and the location of Dave’s Florida Villa is right at the edge of the community opposite a small forest of Pine trees. The villa is in a perfect place to unwind and enjoy the pool and spa with a glass of wine or cold beer, or a cheeky Ribena from the fridge if you are feeling non alcoholic.
- Community – Tuscan Ridge is a great neighbourhood with friendly people and neighbours. There are plenty of residents who live there permanently to ensure it’s a populated area and low in crime. It’s not gated, but low HOA fees means we can spend the extra cash on making sure the property is immaculately maintained. The community is relatively new (2004) and build by a great builder – and therefore all the houses are well made and of superb quality to allow renters to really feel at home and relaxed.